Saturday 12 November 2011

Rage against the previous generation

Thanks for the gif Valentin (http://gifmovie.tumblr.com/)
We hardly even laugh or smile anymore... Have we gotten completely insane? We must really be the so-called ‘lost generation’, even though we sometimes like to think that it is the couple generations to come that are the unfortunate ones. Since we are the ones that have to put up with the social depretion, the unemployment, the long hours of work, low wages, turbulent days and poor cultural growth, it is us.


Personally, I feel I ‘me in this position twice. My father passed away in 2008, and – without trying to make it look nice by saying what a good father he was – left my mother with no income at all, no home to stay, no pension, not hope whatsoever. She thus accepted to continue his business – drowning in debts towards Tax Authorities and Municipal Authorities - by paying on the way the debts. What a frustration. Work is going worse and worse, we’re forced to let people go and let my mother take over all posts, 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. But who‘s going to see this through? Her plan b needs to be set in action, otherwise she‘ll need to flight instead of fight and go back to her home land, Australia, due to lack of means to survive here…  So, this is the first debts we’re settling that have nothing to do with us – my father was a gambling man, and I had to work while studying because hid not any money left to send me!
Now, I’m called in to bale out this country from the miserable existence of the previous generation, the Generation that takes pride by the 1974 fall of dictatorship. This generation that wasted my future’s revenues for it’s own luxurious living and left me with an over employed public sector of extremely high salaries,  ridiculous building structures over the cities and our divine islands, a total waste of money for arms and weapons, an ‘open gov’, as far as the borders are concerned, a steaming criminality over the streets,  a huge black hole that sucked in scandals and the country’s revenues and a rising wave of frustration in respect to work, salaries and working conditions.

This is not only a financial war, it is by far the most common manifestation of the war of the generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment